WHO loses contact with Gaza hospital under Israeli siege

Newsdesk
1 Min Read

The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Sunday that it has lost communication with its contacts inside Al-Shifa, the largest hospital in Gaza, as Israeli forces continue to besiege the medical facility.

According to the WHO, the hospital is facing a critical shortage of medical supplies, fuel, and electricity, as well as a risk of being hit by Israeli artillery or airstrikes.

The hospital’s director, Muhammad Abu Salmiya, said that any person moving within the hospital compound is being attacked by Israeli snipers and that several staff members and patients had been injured or killed.

“We are trapped inside the hospital, and we don’t know what will happen to us. We are appealing to the international community to intervene and stop this aggression,” c said in a phone call with the WHO.

The WHO said that it is working with other humanitarian agencies to try to restore communication and access to the hospital and to evacuate the wounded and the dead.

Share This Article
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *